MSF 4-H & Youth Virtual Showcase: Youth Home Arts, Crafts, Creative Writing, Hobbies, Photography, Floral Arrangement & Industrial Arts - Depts. 60 - 65 & 69DOWNLOAD FILE
July 22, 2021
Entries will be evaluated based on picture(s) and/or videos. Videos should be no longer than 90 seconds. One photo of exhibitor and project is required and up to four additional photos or pdf of project are recommended. More information on how to take a good photo and video can be found at the MSU Extension Virtual Learning showcase and auction website. All videos must be uploaded to Youtube and link entered into the system. Youtube channel should be set to unlisted.
- Youth. Eight (8) years of age through nineteen (19) as of January 1, of the current year. Must be a Michigan youth.
- Exhibitors must be non-professional. An amateur is a person who does not sell for profit on a part or full-time basis and whose exhibit represents a recreational hobby. A professional is a person engaged in activity for a monetary profit of more than $2,000 annually as a result of his or her craft and/or cooking skill.
- All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor and shown in his/her name.
- Absolutely NO GLASS in FRAMED articles.
- All Cookies, Bars, Muffins and Breads must be displayed on a 9-inch paper plate.
- Only one (1) entry may be entered in a class unless otherwise specified.
- Baked Fruit pies: entries to be a minimum of a 9 inch pie.
- Cookies: five (5) cookies per plate. Must be displayed on a 9 inch paper plate.
- Candy: entries to be a minimum of 6 pieces per plate. Must be displayed on a 9 inch paper plate.
- Bread: must be displayed on a 9 inch paper plate.
- Canning: Entries – One (1) Standard Jar.
a. All canned items must be canned by the Exhibitor.
b. Items must be canned in 2021 or after the 2020 Michigan State Fair.
c. Name of contents, type and variety, date canned and method used to can item.
d. Jars used must be standard, colorless glass. (Items canned in colored glass will not be accepted.)
e. Pint and quart jars are both acceptable for canned Vegetables, Fruits and Relishes.
f. Jars may be opened for judging. g. No decorations on jars. Plain jars with date written on lid.
- Crafts: may have up to two (2) entries in each class.
- Creative Writing: in addition to photo of exhibitor and project, include photo or pdf of project.
a. No glass or frames.
b. Entries must be an original design and produced by exhibitor.
c. Entries may be displayed on matte or mounting board.
d. Entries may not be from any previous State Fair.
a. No glass or frames.
b. Entries must be original designs and produced by exhibitor.
c. Entries must be displayed on matte or mounting board (no poster board). This is optional.
d. Artwork must be no larger than 16 x 20 inches, including matte or mounting.
e. Floral Arrangements: Fresh, dried or silk flowers acceptable.
- Lego, K/Nex Assemblies (advanced): must include design with exhibit.