Potato, Black Bean, & Kale Skillet
This skillet is flexible! Sweet potatoes and peppers? Lentils and spinach? Use what you have on hand!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Numer of Servings: 4 servings
Calories per Serving: 290
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup onion - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 4 red potatoes diced into quarter inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups kale chopped - stems removed
- 15 ounces black beans - no salt added
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds with hot water and soap.
- Sanitize all food prep surfaces and cooking utensils.
- Rinse and scrub all produce.
- Warm olive oil in skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chili powder, and salt. Stir together.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kale.
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to skillet.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.