Baked Apples and Squash
We combined Michigan apples and butternut squash in this tasty Apple-Squash Casserole.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Numer of Servings: 6 servings
- Winter squash (acorn or butternut or hubbard)
- 2 apples
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds with hot water and soap.
- Sanitize all food prep surfaces and cooking utensils.
- Rinse and scrub all produce.
- Cut off both ends and peel squash.
- Cut the squash in half where the neck meets the body.
- Slice the neck and body in half and remove seeds.
- Slice the squash into quarter inch slices.
- Wash, core and slice two apples.
- Alternate layers of squash and apple in a 8x8 inch baking pan. Apples should make up the top layer.
- Mix nutmeg and cinnamon together and sprinkle over top layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes until squash is tender.