Module 4: Research Transparency and Reproducibility
This session consists of two short presentations in plenary with a brief Q&A between them. It is followed by small group discussions in breakout rooms, by institution. During the breakout room discussions, team members share their thoughts in a communal document, allowing participants to reflect on ideas as a group when they return to plenary. View the webinar at this link.
- Understand how the scientific method should guide your research process on every level
- Understand the difference between exploratory and confirmatory research
- Identify and recognize common research failures
- Understand what transparent and reproducible research processes look like in practice
- Reflect on and identify personal and institutional barriers to implementing transparent and reproducible research processes
- Access practical tools to implement transparent and reproducible research processes
Liz Bageant (Cornell), Saweda Liverpool-Tasie (MSU), Nicole Mason-Wardell (MSU)
To access the training materials click on the "Begin Module" link below, you will then be asked to complete a short (one-minute) survey before the materials can be downloaded. The purpose of this survey is to allow PRCI to know the numbers and types of people using the materials. No private information of any kind will be shared outside of PRCI leadership.