MSU Extension makes a difference in Lake County in 2018 by the numbers
District director James Kelly reflects on the MSU Extension educational programs during 2018 that help Lake County residents improve their lives.
I’m delighted to share the results of another successful year of partnership between Lake County and Michigan State University (MSU) Extension. Because of your continued support, we’ve been able to make a difference in the lives of youth, families, businesses and communities.
MSU Extension offers a broad range of research-based educational services to county residents. Over this past year, we’ve empowered families and individuals to live healthier lives, supported new and local businesses, created opportunities for youth leadership development and career exploration, helped farmers with business management and mental health, and much more. Our staff live and work alongside county residents, are rooted in community relationships and are responsive to community needs.
This year, we’ve also welcomed Lake County residents into our online community: we’ve offered online educational courses, answered questions on topics ranging from gardening to food safety, raised program awareness through social media and provided a library of research-based resources they’ve browsed on our website.
Impacts by the numbers
- Almost 600 Lake County adults and youth participated in MSU Extension programs
- 205 youth participated in 4-H and school enrichment programs
- 185 adults and youth participated in health and nutrition programs
- MSU Extension helped nearly 100 community members with economic development, natural resources and local government education
- 66 Lake County residents participated in agricultural and gardening services
- More than $10,428 spent with local businesses
- $734,038 total economic impact in Lake County
Read more about MSU's impact in Lake County on MI Spartan Impact's website.
Thank you for your support
Our partnership with you makes this all possible. On behalf of the MSU Extension team serving Lake County, thank you for another great year. We look forward to your continued support and hope you’ll be able to join us during one of our upcoming programs.