Last week to guarantee your lunch at 2020 Field Crop Pest and Crop Management Update in Dundee
Registration with lunch included for the Jan. 3, 2020, pest and crop update will close Dec. 23, 2019. Register now to get the latest updates for your crop season and socialize with others after the holidays.
Michigan State University Extension is bringing its already famous 2020 Field Crop Pest and Crop Management Update to Dundee, Michigan, on Jan. 3, 2020. This state-of-the-art meeting is geared towards farmers and agribusinesses in southeast Michigan that faced an extremely challenging year in 2019. The update will cover topics related to the 2020 market outlook, herbicide programs, cover crops and farm stress, among others. Renowned MSU faculty and educators will bring you the most up-to-date and reliable information out there.
The event will take place at the Dundee Village Office, 350 W. Monroe St, Dundee, MI 48131, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. See the full agenda below.
- 8:30 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. 2020 Market Outlook – Jim Hiker, MSU
- 9:35 a.m. Networking Break
- 9:45 a.m. Herbicide Programs Options in 2020 – Erin Burns, MSU
- 10:30 a.m. Networking Break
- 10:40 a.m. What Can Cover Crops Do for Me? – Dean Baas, MSU Extension
- 11:15 a.m. Networking Break
- 11:25 a.m. Farm Stress: How to Recognize Symptoms and Become an Ally – Eric Karbowski, MSU
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Diseases to Scout for this Spring – Martin Chilvers, MSU
- 1:35 p.m. Networking Break
- 1:45 p.m. Funding Programs: Where is Money Available this Year – Britanny Santure, MAEAP
- 2:20 p.m. RUP/CCA/MAEAP Phase 1 credits
- 2:30 p.m. Adjourn
Networking breaks give you the opportunity to connect with other participants during the day. You will also receive a free copy of the 2020 Weed Control Guide for Field Crops. Five RUP, 3.5 CCA and MAEAP phase 1 credits will also be provided at the end of the meeting.
The registration fee is only $30, and you can register online at Pest and Crop Management Update Meeting 2020 or call the MSU Extension Lenawee County office at 517-264-5300. Lunch and snacks will also provided. You must register by Dec. 23 to have your lunch guaranteed.
Visit the Pest and Crop Management Update Meeting 2020 registration page to see other meetings throughout Michigan during January/February 2020.