Cherry Variety and High-Tech Research Showcase July 9
Participants will tour apple thinning trials and take part in discussions on orchard technologies, tart cherry selections and hedgerow systems, high efficiency training systems and much more.
Michigan State University Extension welcomes all to the Cherry Variety and High-Tech Research Showcase on Tuesday, July 9, 2013, at the Clarksville Research Center, 9302 Portland Road, Clarksville MI 48815 (view map).
At 1 p.m. the Cherry Variety Showcase will start, followed by discussions of:
- Spotted wing Drosophila management
- High efficiency sweet cherry training systems
- Cherry covering systems (Cravo, VOEN, Haygrove and bird netting)
- Bloom delay with the solid set canopy delivery spray systems
- New tart cherry selections
- Tart cherry hedgerow systems for over-the-row harvester
- Other orchard technologies
Presenters include Greg Lang, Phil Schwallier, Wallace Heuser, Wanda Heuser Gale, Jim Flore, Amy Iezzoni, Amy Irish-Brown, Larry Gut, Nikki Rothwell, Bill Shane, and Ron Perry.
For more information, call 1-800-424-2765.