Smart Gardening is MSU Extension’s campaign using earth-friendly messages to help gardeners make smart choices in their own backyards. The goal is to equip gardeners with a “tool kit” of research-based knowledge to use immediately at home. Whether choosing plants, using garden chemicals, fertilizer or applying water, gardeners need to understand the long-term impacts on their communities.
These videos and tip sheets are a quick reference for Extension Master Gardeners and home gardeners alike. Visit our Events page to find workshops and classes.
- Smart Gardening videos and webinars
- Smart Gardening for Shorelands tip sheets
- Smart Gardening for Pollinators tip sheets
- Smart Fruit tip sheets
- Smart Vegetables tip sheets
- Smart Plants tip sheets
- Smart Lawns tip sheets
- Smart Soils tip sheets
- Smart Gardening Press
2020 Smart Gardening tip sheets
- What makes a pollinator rare or endangered?
- Prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species
- Know the insects that look like bees
- Smart Gardening to prevent oak wilt