The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, AgBioResearch and MSU Extension have collaborated to support faculty professional development through the Microgrants Initiative. The Microgrants (not exceeding $3,000) are designed to provide opportunities for faculty to improve professional skills and networks. The microgrant request for applications is annually posted during the spring. Tenure System and Fixed Term Faculty and Academic Specialists are eligible to apply.
Possible uses (examples but not limited to these):
- Visit a colleague's lab to learn a new technique or establish collaborations.
- Attend an education/technical/professional development workshop.
- Undertake opportunities to promote diversity, equity and inclusion
- Host a leader in your field to visit MSU.
- Attend an international conference or national conference to expand work in a new direction.
- Meet with colleagues to plan a grant.
- Field visits for an industry in another part of the country/world.
Criteria for Funding:
- Clear connection to professional development in teaching, research, or extension/outreach.
- Relevance to position description/assignment of the applicant.
- Preference given to new faculty or faculty moving in new directions.
Questions concerning Microgrants should be directed to Scott Loveridge (email@example.com).