Dairy manufacturing has a long tradition at MSU.
- 1867: First cow brought to campus
- 1894: First dairy short course offered
- 1913: First building containing a plant dedicated to dairy manufacturing built
- 1955: Anthony Hall built
- Late 1980s: MSU receives $5.5 million from Animal Agriculture Initiative to renovate Anthony Hall, MSU Dairy Plant and build a new meat lab
- 1996: New Dairy Complex facility opens
Today, we proudly continue to make ice cream and cheese for Spartans, their families and friends, and visitors to campus in our state-of-the art facilities.