Outstanding Alumnus Award
The selection will be made from who have completed an Institute of Agricultural Technology program, bachelors, masters or doctorate program in Agriculture and Natural Resources at MSU. The selection will be made from candidates who have distinguished themselves by obtaining the highest level of professional accomplishments, and who possess the highest standards of integrity and character.
- 2020: Thomas Bailey and Dirk Drost
- 2019: Tom Cooley and Stan Moore
- 2018: Barbara Jacobs Ivens
- 2017: Chip Foster and Rohini Mulchandani
- 2016: Joseph Byrum and Thomas J. Snyder
- 2015: Suzanne Fischer
- 2014: Michael Richmond
- 2013: G. Jay Gogue
- 2012: George Purvis and John Clark
- 2011: Michael D. Moore
- 2010: Kurt D. Fausch and Patricia Wilde Orlowitz
- 2009: John Chipman
- 2008: James D. Nichols and Larry P. Walker
- 2007: Ghassem Asrar and Rebecca Humphries
- 2006: James Schiller
- 2005: Willard Sparks
- 2004: Bruce Batt
- 2003: Dale Bauman
- 2002: Albert Bolles
- 2001: Dick Posthumus
- 2000: Donna Banks
- 1999: John Hesse
- 1998: Steven Miteff
- 1997: Hugh Lockhardt
- 1996: Perez Malande Olindo
- 1995: Dan Wyant
- 1994: John (Jack) Laurie
- 1993: Gerald C. Olrich
- 1992: Thomas Reed
- 1991: John Engler
- 1990: Henry Robitaille
- 1989: Delton Parks
- 1988: Elwood Speckman
- 1986: Ben Lamp
- 1985: Jack Barnes
- 1984: Elton Smith
- 1983: Erwin Raven
- 1982: Ed Jones
- 1981: Bela Kennedy
- 1980: Gary Seevers
- 1979: Laura Heuser
- 1978: Howard Tanner and Dale Kuenzli
Award candidates may be nominated by departments, administrators, CANR alumni board members, faculty, alumni and industry stakeholders. Nominations are due Oct. 15, 2019.
- The awards committee is looking for recipients based on their commitment to the Land Grant mission of teaching, research and outreach activities.
- Professional, community and MSU service will also be considered in the selection process for all awards.
- Nominees for each of the six CANRAA awards will be considered for three subsequent years. If not selected in the first year, those submitting a nomination will be given the opportunity to update the nomination form before consideration the second and third year. If a nominee is not selected within the three years, they will be removed from the nomination pool, but could be nominated again at a later time.
- Current faculty members should be nominated for the Distinguished Faculty Award. It is preferred that faculty not be nominated for the other awards. A nomination of a faculty member will not be refused, however, preference will be made to non‑faculty members.
- Alumni association board members cannot be nominated while they are serving on the board.
- Letters of recommendation are important in the selection process. We should suggest that nominators submit a maximum of four letters of support for the nomination. These letters should come from people who can support the nominees activities in the various areas including MSU service, their career and their community service.
- The awards selection committee structure will consist of CANRAA board members and one CANR faculty or staff representative appointed by the Dean’s office.
Please contact Kathryn Reed at 517-355-0284 or via e-mail at email@example.com.